Reliance Institute of Life Sciences is a not-for-profit organisation, focusing on competency development in biotechnology, not only for Reliance Life Sciences but also for the industry.
Reliance Institute of Life Sciences runs several competency development programs for companies that form the life sciences initiative.
- Young Engineers’ Program (For engineering graduates)
- Young Manufacturing Professionals’ Program (For engineering graduates and science postgraduates)
- Young Clinical Research Professionals’ Program (For pharmacy, pharmacology and medical graduates)
- Young Quality Management Professionals’ Program (For science postgraduates)
- Young Scientists’ Program (For engineering graduates, science postgraduates and fresh Ph.D. degree holders)
- Young Medico-Marketing Professionals’ Program (For engineering graduate, science postgraduates and for management postgraduates)
- Young Laboratory Technicians’ Program (For science graduates)
These programs typically involve two months of academics and ten months of practical training as understudies to professionals in Reliance Life Sciences. Faculty is drawn from academic institutions, Reliance Life Sciences and the industry. Reliance Institute of Life Sciences collaborates with leading academic institutions, such as the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai and the University Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai in academic content development and faculty support for these programs.
Reliance Institute of Life Sciences also runs two one-year advanced diploma programs in:
- Clinical Research
Students earning a diploma are hired by Reliance Life Sciences and other organisations.
All programs are conducted at the Dhirubhai Ambani Life Sciences Centre, Navi Mumbai.
In addition, Reliance Institute of Life Sciences conducts international workshops and symposia on several life sciences topics, important ones being:
- Workshop on Embryonic Stem Cell derivation and maintenance
- Symposium on Regenerative Medicine
- Symposium on Preventive and Predictive Diagnostics
- Symposium on Assisted reproduction & Fetal Medicine
- Symposium on Molecular Medicine and Clinical Implications
- Symposium on Biotherapeutics
Through the Institute, employees of the life sciences initiative have the opportunity, subject to conditions and admission through competitive selection process, to pursue masters and doctoral programs at the Mumbai University, Mumbai, India and doctoral program at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia.
Reliance Life Sciences intends to develop the Institute as a center of excellence in a private university framework, for which it is seeking government approvals.
For more information please visit the
website of RILS at http://www.rils.ac.in